The Victoria Buildings began life as Victoria Technology School and Museum, which was opened in 1898 as part of the celebrations for Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee. It was hoped to create a learning facility for all and included a library as well as the museum. Since 1900, the building, known as Victoria Building, was used as offices by various local and district authorities, as well as providing office accommodation for local businesses and community associations. Today, the building has office space over two floors, retains many of its original features.
The building was passed through local authorities for many years. Most recently (in 2012), Cheshire East Council transferred them to Middlewich Town Council. Now the Town Council wants to ensure the buildings are run for the benefit of local people – hence the formation of Middlewich Community Trust Limited.